Monday, August 20, 2007

Train wreck....

T-Vo has already moved to Our New Town, so I'm home alone, left to my own devices (which usually means watching really, really bad TV. But not the Wiggles.). Today's barely-watchable but grossly compelling program was MTV's Engaged and Underage, a program that documents the wacky and usually-dysfunctionally-horrifying events that precede the nuptials of those getting married under the age of 22. In today's episode, the groom's mom did not like the bride (I was on Team Mother-in-Law- that girl was a beeeeeeeeeyatch!). So the bride goes off on a teary, hysterical, red-faced rant to her fiance after he tried to tactfully point out to her that her personality was very different from his mom's... and she says,

"I just think it's really ignorant not to like somebody just because of their personality!!!"

Because it would be SO much better if she didn't like her because she was fat, poor, or non-white.

OMG.

4 comments:

grrrbear said...

OMFG I've actually seen that show before and wow...always a train wreck. My fav episode was where the bride had gotten her fiance to convert to Mormonism and they got married in the Temple in Salt Lake city and the groom's mom was all pissed off because she couldn't go to the wedding (as a non-mormon).

Yeah, I pretty much always agree with the parents. I take this as a sign that I'm now officially a grownup and now have no problem with the idea of locking up my daughter if she comes home with an engagement ring before the age of 26.

J-Vo said...

Man, I haven't seen that one! I feel like all the couples have the same characteristics- the girl is a shrieking bitch and the guy is a man-child who plays video games and bops through life without a care in the world.

Anonymous said...

Sadly I have seen both those episodes. And yet another where they get married and live in a shack behind the grooms parents house. In this episode the father of the groom explains to the son that he has a trust fund that he will only get if he doesn't get married before he is 26. Whoops guess he missed out on that one.

From HIPHOPAPOTOMUS

towwas said...

Wow. Sounds awesome!