Friday, August 17, 2007

Senioritis: not just for seniors anymore.

So I have 7 days of work left at my current place of employment (we'll call it "Craphole."). And THEN, my friends, I'll be a (gasp) REAL doctor!!! Finally!!! After 10 years!!! Real!

I'm celebrating by enjoying a rip-roaring, florid, fulminant case of acute-on-chronic senioritis. This means that I roll into work as late as possible, leave as early as possible, and when I'm here, I do as little as possible. I'm also violating rules and procedures wherever I can - what are they going to do? Fire me?

Today's infraction was a triple-threat violation of the dress code. I am wearing open-toed shoes and capri pants without stockings (yes, my employer requires that you wear stockings at all times. Even if you are wearing capri pants, which is like the dumbest look of all time. That's my Craphole!), and I am not wearing my ID. If I was was really going to do some violatin', I would've doused myself in 12 tons of perfume and stopped at the nail salon to get some >3/4" acrylic talons applied to my nails to complete the look. Maybe I'll save that one for my last day.

3 comments:

towwas said...

Nice! Stockings, seriously? Why? Are they stuck in 1982, or is that some obscure infection-control measure?

J-Vo said...

Apparently, going sockless and stockingless is not considered appropriate professional attire in my neck of the woods. The open-toed thing is pretty standard in health care areas, as no one wants to be liable for someone getting hepatitis C from having viral puke drip onto an open wound on the foot, or something. That one I can understand- sort of. The socks/stockings thing really chaps my hide.

Anonymous said...

I actually think it would be funny if everyone had to wear stockings. I would like to see doctors running around with stockings pulled up over thier pants. Maybe they could institute leg warmers as well, hopefully tie-die tho. And how come I can't vote in the poll?

Mike