Saturday, June 30, 2007

Back from camp.

I'm back from diabetes camp! Highlights:
  • my cell phone meeting its maker in Lake Diabetes Camp.
  • being told by an 8-year-old that I looked like I was "um, about 37?"
  • striving to maintain an even level of hipness between myself and the 19 y/o counselors (the key? flip-flops.)
  • driving the OAM reunion flip-flops to their early demise as a result.
  • watching these crazy counselors do this weird, synchronized line dance to "Love Shack". So weird that I haven't seen anyone ever do that, having been actually alive when the song was first popular, but being told by one of the counselors that "it's been around FOREVER! Like, since I was in middle school!" Which, according to my calculations, was around 2001.
  • sore fingers from testing OTHER people's blood sugars. Because THAT makes a lot of sense.
  • finding out that camp songs have not changed at all in 20 years (I said a BOOM chicka boom!"
  • Being named "Best looking in a fanny pack" as my camper award.
All in all, a week well spent!

3 comments:

towwas said...

Aw, that sounds like fun! Go fanny pack mama!

J-Vo said...

Has anyone else borne witness to the crazy Love Shack line dance???

grrrbear said...

After performing "Love Shack" with two friends at a local dive bar karaoke contest, I was told I sound *exactly* like Fred Schneider.

But we had no dance steps.