Saturday, December 22, 2007

Full-out mommyhood.

It's hard to be hip and a mommy.

For the past 2 1/2 years, I've been fighting the inevitable pull of the "mommy purse." Up until 2 weeks ago, I insisted on carrying around my small, stylish black purse that holds little more than my wallet and keys. HOwever, since A-Vo has become a potty-using machine, I've had to start carrying around extra clothes, socks, Hello Kitty underwear, and a plastic bag in case of accidents. This extra supply does not fit in my cute purse. So I've had to upgrade to the big mommy bag.

Sigh. I'm still cool, right??

2 comments:

towwas said...

Oh, non-mommies carry big bags, too. As long as it's a kick-ass bag and you pretend it contains important, secret things, I think you're good.

Unknown said...

If it's a Chrome messenger bag - the brand with the seatbelt-buckle strap - you're golden.*


*I don't know anything about purses.