Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Get a life.

Another pet peeve of mine while driving is the self-righteous slow driver. You know the ones...those priggish little goody-two-shoes who sit in the left-hand lane, going 20 miles below the speed limit because goddamnit, that's the safe thing to do (never mind the fact that they're causing a 2-mile bottleneck behind them for no good reason).

It especially annoys me when people hit the brakes when they see a cop at the side of the road 2 miles ahead. And not just tapping the brakes, but I mean a full-out slowdown to 40 miles an hour. Um, excuse me....yes, cops do pull you over and give you a ticket when you are driving too fast, but they do NOT pull you over and give you a gift certificate or a cookie if you are driving slower than the posted speed limit. .

1 comment:

David J said...

I'm with you on those ones.

My pet peeve while driving (though I have several) is when people signal to turn one way, and then swing waaaaaaay out the other way just as they're about to turn. Gah! Idiots. It's like, yo, you have power steering, you moran. You don't need to veer way to the left to turn right. Sheesh.