Friday, May 11, 2007

Cars and skanks.

Today my car's odometer surpassed 56,000 miles, which is pretty dang impressive since I I've only had it since The Incident of 2004, during which my old car was shot down in a blaze of glory, as Bon Jovi might say (haven't heard the story? bummer, it's a good one. All I'll say is that I never thought I'd end up on America's Most Wanted.). I commute 82 miles a day to/from work, and you know you spend too much time on the road when you start recognizing other people's cars and license plates from other trips.

In other news today, I'm having a moral crisis: I can't figure out who I hate more- Angelina Jolie, or Paris Hilton. Both have more money than God, but 1 is more altruistic, even if her motives are less than pure. But I think that neither actually believes the rules apply to them.

Your thoughts?

4 comments:

Stacey Pelika said...

Hmmm, I'd go Paris. At least Angelina has worked for some of her buckets o'cash. Yes, the adoption-rainbow is a bit weird, but her publicity seeking at least has some vague point beyond "Hey, I'm a purposeless skank!"

Stacey Pelika said...

And I hear ya on the recognizing fellow commuters - that used to happen to me on my drives to/from Stanford. Also, I realized why there are radio morning/drive-time shows, which to that point I didn't get at all.

J.Po said...

PARIS = SKANK-O-RAMA!!!! Angelina is a homewrecker and all, but Paris is just so skanktastic.

David J said...

I cannot stand Paris, and am really bored by stories about her at this point, but I LOATHE Angie and her look-at-me-and-my-philanthropy-aren't-I-wonderful attitude. Plus, I think Paris is pretty open and honest about her skankiness, whereas Angie tries to hide her homewreckin' and brother-lovin' ways behind a veneer of generosity.