Sunday, April 15, 2007

Still hip after all these years.

One Friday night, as T-Vo and I were preparing to go to bed at 10 PM, T-Vo commented to me about how unhip we have become. But oh no! I refuse to give up on being hip. Just because I might go to bed early a time or 2 does not mean that the coolness ship has sailed. Read below as to why we're still hip:

1) I can tell you the first and middle names of both of Britney Spears' children.

2) While I might not have ever been to Les Deux, Area, Hyde, or Chateau Marmont, I do know that they are seriously hip clubs in LA.

3) While I might not have ever worn Dolce and Gabbana, Juicy Couture, or Seven Jeans, I do know that they Hot Items to own by LA's A-list.

4) My I-pod contains songs by Guster, Gomez, and Amy Winehouse. This one counts for 2, huh?

5) I have a Razr phone (granted, it is not encrusted with Swarovski crystals, but it still rocks).

6) Anna has a shirt that says, "My mommy is a rock star."

7) T-Vo has a 2-door car, and neither of us own a minivan or an SUV.

8) We saw Babel and thought that it was derivative.

9) I use words like "derivative" and "factotum."

10) T-Vo's 22 y/o brother actually enjoys hanging out with us (well, he might be pretending just so that he can play with his favorite niece...hmmm).

So, yeah. Still hip, suckaz! Domesticity will never suck the hipness out of THIS family!

11) Note the usage of "Suckaz." Seriously, seriously, mad dope hip!

2 comments:

David J said...

#s 1-11, and no Arcade Fire reference?

Points deducted.

J-Vo said...

If I included a laundry list of ALL the hip and cutting edge bands that grace my iPod, it would look like I'm trying too hard to be hip.

Points reinstated.