Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Speech by Skeetch: Priceless

Hey everybody! Skeetch is coming to MyCity in late February to speak about Why Botswana Kicks Ass, or something to that effect. The only kicker is that it costs $10 to get in.

Which leads to me to poll the mob (with a shout-out to Bob Saget on 1 Vs. 100):

Is hearing Skeetch yap about Africa worth $10? Keep in mind that every time we heard Skeetch make a speech at OAM, it probably cost us about $6000. So $10 post-graduation is quite the bargain in comparison.

I think I'll skip the Skeetch speech and just hit the (free) reception instead. I'm such a cheap-ass.

I think my new favorite phrase is any variant of "Skeetch speech."

2 comments:

towwas said...

You should totally go! But I also think Botswana is interesting. And I am a big nerd.

David J said...

The organization that employs me had a big grant due to a foundation last year, and it was such a big grant that the foundation hired an All-Star panel of former college presidents to review them. Guess who was on the panel? His Royal Skeetchness himself! So I advised my boss to slip in a reference to Botswanan economics, but she didn't think it made sense.