Thursday, July 17, 2008

I don't care about your stupid carbon footprint...

I hate cyclists today. why? because some of them think that just b/c they are laminated in spandex and saving the world b/c of their non-usage of gas that they are therefore immune to the rules of the road. in this town, where you can spit and hit a scenic bike trail from pretty much ANYWHERE, the excuse of "i have nowhere else to ride but directly in front of your car" falls on deaf ears. swear to god, the next time a cyclist runs a stop sign in front of my car, they will then be running scared from my wrath.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

As a recreational cyclist, I want to make two points -

(1) I'm equally annoyed - maybe moreso - by cyclists that run stoplights, ride the wrong direction, ride on the sidewalk, or break any other traffic law. It all reflects badly on me, the cyclist who religiously follows traffic laws.

(2) Serious cyclists don't ride on bike paths because there are too many strollers, dogs on long leashes, and rollerbladers with headphones to be able to ride safely. Coming through a crowd like that at 25mph, especially if you're riding in a group, is not only rude, it's downright dangerous.

J-Vo said...

Today I no longer hate cyclists. Today I hate realtors.

grrrbear said...

J.Bro, I think you qualify as slightly more than a "recreational" cyclist. "Semi-Professional" would seem more appropriate.

I still hate most cyclists in Chicago. But I'll rant about it on my blog since it'll give me something to talk about for once...