Thursday, November 8, 2007

I've got the brains, you've got the looks...

So, in order for me to do my job, I need access to the hospital's computer charting system. It's like, essential. So imagine my surprise when my "training" consisted of somebody handing me a thick packet with a CD and telling me to "review it, it's really self-explanatory." O-K. BUT...the email system is a different story entirely...despite the fact that I have used the hospital's email software program in 3 different hospitals since 2001, they absolutely, positively, WILL NOT activate my email account until I complete the email training session. Even after I pled my case to 3 different people.

So, in summary:
Accessing your patient's labs and other info: figure it out yourself.
Checking your email: don't even ask unless you've completed the training course.

What-effing-ever!

2 comments:

towwas said...

At my new employer, we had to beg to get me access to Nexis before I was trained. Nexis. Journalists use Nexis every freakin day. I have used it at, oh, about four employers. I think I know the basics by now. (Actually, I only know the very basics, and a good training session might be useful. But I think the network was down during my eventual training session and I learned...not much.)

David J said...

Complain to someone that the patient charting system did not mention how you can play Second Life or update your Facebook page between patients.