Monday, November 12, 2007

I'm a superfreak, superfreak, I'm supah-freaky!

I'm one of those freaks that starts celebrating Christmas as soon as the last trick-or-treater leaves my doorstep I LOVE Christmas! some of you may remember the year when you received Christmas cards in July. So you can imagine my elation at finding an "all-Christmas music, all the time (ACMATT)) radio station up here in our new locale. And then you can imagine my ire and anger at fact that said station sucks butt.

What do I want to hear on the ACMATT station ? I want to hear Josh Groban belting out "O Holy Night." I want to hear "Jingle Bell Rock," "Feliz Navidad" by Jose Feliciano, and "Rockin' around the Xmas Tree." In other words, the old favorites.

I do NOT want to hear:
the Trans-Siberian Orchestra
Michael Bolton murdering "I'll be Home for Christmas"
Jingle Bells played on the banjos

OR cheesy light rock favorites the station is trying to pass off as pseudo-holiday music, such as:
Hands, by Jewel
or
From a Distance, by Bette Midler, which may well be one of the worst songs ever written.

1 comment:

David J said...

We've got one of those here as well. I think their criteria for which artists/songs to include is "has [artist] ever heard of Christmas? Has anyone ever played [song] between Oct. 1 and March 1?" If the answer to either of those is yes, it's good to go. I'm pretty sure I heard "Hotel California" being played on the Christmas station last year, for example.