Saturday, September 8, 2007

We're here!

We have moved and are here. Yay! We all survived, as did all of our worldly possessions (so far. I still have 8 boxes left to unpack).

To summarize our moving experience:
1) Comcast sucks.
2) College students nowadays watch way too much TV. Don't whine about your student loans when you're spending over $100/month on cable. Back in my day, I watched Melrose Place once a week and liked it.
3) Movers rule.
4) Movers rule even more when they pack all your stuff for you and somebody else pays for it.
5) Honesty is the best policy, even though it's sometimes a huge pain in the ass.
6) The McFlurryTM is nowhere near as good as the BlizzardTM.
7) No work for me until 11/6!!!

5 comments:

Stacey Pelika said...

Word on #4! After having that experience, I hope to never pack myself again!

I'm impressed that you only have 8 boxes left. I have at least that much, and I've been here for almost a month. I guess having other people living with you (particularly small ones who like to explore) probably moves that process along.

Looking forward to seeing the new digs someday - perhaps during the rumored "Chill at [your first name]'s '08" festivities.

J.Po said...

Hey now! I like the sound of #7. After 10 years without a decent break (or such is my guess about the situation), you deserve it sistah! WOO!

towwas said...

Yay work break!! Yay movers! I would love to have movers. I would also love to have more closet space. But, hey, what can ya do.

JYates said...

Ahhh.... Monday night Melrose. Those days rocked!

J-Vo said...

Well, the low # of boxes left to unpack does not count the # we have shoved in the basement that we do not intend to unpack given that we are only renting in the short term. Of the ones we absolutely need to unpack in order to live- we have 5 left to go as of today.