Thursday, July 5, 2007

Daddy, would you like some sausage?

I hail from Cheese State, ergo I love cheese. I also hail from Brat (pronounced "braht") State, ergo I love brats. More so since I've gotten older, actually. But I loooooooove brats. So you can imagine my excitement and delight when 1) I married a man who turned out in addition to being the love of my life also happens to love brats as I do, and 2) that the 2 of us reproduced and created a toddler who can snarf down a brat in 2 minutes and wants more.

For those of you not from the Midwest, the bratwurst is the world's greatest grilling sausage and arguably the best competitor in the Milwaukee Brewers' wiener race.

4 comments:

J.Po said...

Hey now. I voted for the kielbasa, only because of my ancestry. Secretly (or not so secretly), I do prefer the brat.

Anonymous said...

I had to vote to represent the west coast vegetarian crew. David was once on a road trip through the midwest where he found a breakfast item at a diner called the "California Oatmeal Bowl." The description of the item, and the explanation of the name, simply read, "full of nuts and fruits." These are my people.

Stacey Pelika said...

I had two brats yesterday in honor of our nation's birthday - I figured I need to have them every time I possibly can in the next month! I'm going to miss the brats and cheese and beer!

Did you know that they've permanently added a chorizo to the sausage race? Making it a showdown between the chorizo, the brat, the hot dog, the kielbasa, and the Italian sausage.

Also, where I grew up (Minnesota), you can often find a "California burger" on menus - it means "with lettuce and tomato."

towwas said...

I actually had a brat yesterday, too! There were Germans at the party I went to. So mine came with a big ol slice of bread, some mustard, and sauerkraut, too.