Monday, February 4, 2008

Grocery store serenade

Today, A-Vo and I went to the grocery store, as is our custom on Mondays. We were in the flour aisle, where I was feverishly perusing the selection. A-Vo took the opportunity to bust into a heartfelt, passionate rendition of "Go Tell it On the Mountain," which is one of her favorites. I helped her out by keeping time and chiming in here and there as I was comparing flour. Then I looked up and saw an 80+ year-old couple standing in the aisle next to us, staring at us with mouths agape with wonder.

So I said, "We believe in celebrating Christmas all year long." And A-Vo kept on a-singing and I kept on a-conducting.

You really just stop caring about what other people think of you (or what you look like, for that matter!) once you start popping out babies.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I had to sing a bunch of lines of Go Tell it On the Mountain before I remember why it's a Christmas song!