Saturday, October 27, 2007

Blast from the past.

At Towwas's request, I went looking for our old quote boards to post some choice zingers "so people can see how funny we are when being dumb." These quotes are circa 1994-1996 and definitely R rated- we dropped a lot of F bombs back then, apparently.

I found them and will sprinkle choice selections from them from time to time. But here are some other things that I found:

1) the 90210 picture of me, Towwas, DMcG, and R-Val.
2) Jolly Time pogs.
3) A sign than says "Booty" with an arrow, clearly made by me but I cannot for the life of me remember for what reason.
4) A picture of me drawn by my sister, in which I am "b*tching about breadsticks."
5) the scorecard from a massive Scrabble beatdown: J-Vo vs. Dr. Feelgood, final score 329-206.

and, my personal favorite:

a postcard from J-Bru from Australia, with a postscript added by Towwas, that reads, "You are such a f*king wh*re- everybody knows you down here as the biggest sl*t in the universe."

Classic!

10 comments:

towwas said...

Wow. My sense of humor has changed somewhat since I went to Australia. (Also, we're funny when we're dumb.)

I think I finally put the last of the Jolly Time pogs in a giveaway box in this last move. I hope some Salvation Army shopper appreciates them.

Anonymous said...

Oh sure, you don't respond to my e-mail but you bring up that Scrabble game... nice! Anyway, that wasn't my peak year, so it doesn't matter. 1997 is (so far, at least) the smartest year of my life. I'm pretty sure I would have cleaned your clock in 1997.

J-Vo said...

Doubtful. I am undefeated against you. In all years. I would've wiped the floor with you in 1997.

Anonymous said...

Sure, it's easy for you to say that now!

J-Vo said...

Not really. If I mopped the floor with you in '96 by 100+ points, even with you in your "top year" I would've blown you out of the water by at least 30.

David J said...

God, I suck at scrabble. People hate to play me, not because I beat them, but because I'm always doing words like "dog," "cat," "are," etc., and nobody can play anything off of those. So I'm a great defensive Scrabble player.

J-Vo said...

I'm really a solid second-tier Scrabble player...I've only beaten Towwas once, and I think that was a fluke.

Anonymous said...

I'm undefeated in Scrabble against the vaunted J-Vo. Also in mini-golf.

J-Vo said...

Only in your dreams! Or revisionist history...

towwas said...

Dude, you should join facebook so we can play scrabble online! I think I'm 2nd or 3rd tier at scrabble myself.